“There are many ways to measure a company’s success. However, a truly successful company is one that finds a way to return some of its rewards to the communities in which it operates. We believe a company cannot consider itself truly successful unless it makes an effort to give back. Apparel Group strongly believes that as a large organization we can make a difference in several ways such as donating financially to needy causes; helping protect in the environment and make the society we live in a better place for our stakeholders through various activities and campaigns. It is my hope that we can set an example to other companies by demonstrating that these contributions to the society will actually create awareness to save our planet, where we can take great pride. We believe that our companionate actions will make the world a better place for future generations.”
Corporate Social Responsibility for the Apparel Group is the continuing commitment by the group to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as of the local community and society at large.
Apparel Group wholly accepts and embraces CSR as part of its responsibilities to help protect the environment and encourage those with whom we partner to do the same. We also strive to play an active part and support the community in which we operate and champion worthy causes wherever possible, directly or indirectly.
All employees have been introduced to our CSR policy as part of our training programmes, awareness and activities. Encouraging and motivating our employees to fully embrace the CSR policy and assest the company in its responsibility and accountability to the community in which it operates. Source our products and materials from environmentally sound suppliers by ensuring they abide by their policy and maintain their progress.
We monitor and make strong efforts to lower wastage in conjunction with recycling wherever possible.
We strongly continue to maximize recycling facility and practices, and look for better opportunities, including saving cost wherever appropriate and feasible.
WATER & ELECTRICITY
We encourage our employees to reduce our carbon footprint by ensuring minimal electricity and water consumption in their homes and offices and spread awareness to others.
A methodology to recycle paper in various ways is communicated and maintained by the group every month.
Methodology to release running costs – energy, increase efficiency (by pooling transport facilities for employees). Thereby reducing fuel cost and pollution. In recent years, the group has equipped all its stores with facilities that are easily accessible to all – despite the challenges that the region faces.
We ensure and share ideas on how to reduce and monitor waste control and recycling policies with our stakeholders.
The CSR Policy & Strategy covers the following key milestones:
- Drive CSR Initiatives throughout the organization and spread its awareness through our people, our stores and our stakeholders.
- Align the CSR Initiatives with the Organization Vision and Mission and the underlying values Develop and enhance successful relationships with various charitable organizations, NGO’s and other stakeholders.
- To disclose information openly and transparently in order to develop a trustworthy relationship with various stakeholders and act responsibly towards them.
- To practice and run business on the principles of fairness, sincerity and pursue a high sense of corporate and business ethics in the global business environment which encompasses diverse cultures, morals and ethics.
- To minimize environmental effects and utilize the resources in development of a sustainable society. To be a good and a responsible citizen and cultivate the way for a better tomorrow.
- To create a motivating and healthy working environment and to ensure employees realize self fulfillment and self development prophecies.
- To promote fair and sound business practices amongst our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to promote an environment of promoting awareness of corporate social responsibility.